Kahoona V3 vs Taboo

Post your reviews and experiences with all the BEST products here!

Moderator: sq225917

Kahoona V3 vs Taboo

Postby Cobian88 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:48 pm

Does anyone have opinions on which is better?
I was looking at the performances on both kites and they have different pros... like they booth are good but idk what the major differences are..
This is for the 11.5m & 12m sizes mostly for free rides and such..
I live in Hawaii but would like to use it if I travel or move somewhere else
at Diamnondbluekiteboarding.net the Taboo is about $100 more than the Kahoona V3
Cobian88
Rare Poster

Re: Kahoona V3 vs Taboo

Postby madiskallas » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi mate. I have tried the 12m2 Taboo and to be honest I don´t understand what the buzz is about - I don´t like it at all comparing to Kahoona V2 that I have tried in many sizes and winds. I think that the reason is about me being not into wakestyle at all.
My opinion is that Kahoona V2 was one of the best kites on the market in 2010 in terms of a comfortable, easy and smart kite.
Surf is life, rest is details.
madiskallas
Rare Poster

Postby cowboy54 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:37 am

I wont compare them both as I personally have never been able to get on with the Kahoona. Though do have a few fellow kiters where I go that love theirs.

The Taboo is brilliant in gusty weather, just soaks it all up and you dont get the power surges you might n others. Ive got the 14m & 10m, which I find great as Im just progressing from freeride to freestyle so spend half my session wiping out and the other having a breather freeriding.

If you can try and blag a demo off someone as its the only real way to tell. Relaunch is way easier than the 2009 nemi I used to have which suits me.
Anglia Area Demo Manager (UK)
cowboy54
Medium Poster

Postby sq225917 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:27 am

You've got to be into what each kite is for.

There's no point riding the TAboo if you aren't about unhooking and riding in all wind conditions, that what it's was designed for.

Likewise the Kahoona is really well suited for progression and surfing but it's not in the same league upwind as something like the HP is.

I'm an HP and large Taboo kinda guy, but I wouldn't be without one Kahoona in my quiver for when the waves roll in.
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Return to Kite & Product Reviews