Taboo 8m : wind range

Post your reviews and experiences with all the BEST products here!

Moderator: sq225917

Taboo 8m : wind range

Postby jumarcil » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:07 pm

I am looking for a replacement for my high wind kite; I sold my 7m bularoo and was thinking about an 8m taboo ? is it an easy kite in high and gusty session; smooth and stable ? I tried a 6m lithium last week in really high and gusty (20 to 40) knots wind and it wasn't so hot. My friend was on a 9 m Cab Nomad and it was really smooth. I am wondering which Best kite will be the smoothest in these nuking sessions ? I was hesitating with a 7m taboo but I heard that they can take more wind and like to be really well powered to perform well.

thanks

Jules
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Re: Taboo 8m : wind range

Postby reverse777 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 am

Jules. I have the 8mt Taboo.
Only have had the chance to fly it a few times in - mid + winds, pending wind.
I did notice as you have heard that they can take more wind (gusts) and like to be really well powered to perform well.
Mid to high wind range , 23 knots upward is there strong point on a TT. I weigh 71kgs.
Lower wind range on a surfboard helps otherwise you can spend too much time signing your kite for power.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10811&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10776&start=0
reverse777
Medium Poster

Re: Taboo 8m : wind range

Postby jumarcil » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:02 pm

reverse777 wrote:Jules. I have the 8mt Taboo.
Only have had the chance to fly it a few times in - mid + winds, pending wind.
I did notice as you have heard that they can take more wind (gusts) and like to be really well powered to perform well.
Mid to high wind range , 23 knots upward is there strong point on a TT. I weigh 71kgs.
Lower wind range on a surfboard helps otherwise you can spend too much time signing your kite for power.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10811&start=0
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10776&start=0

This year I tried other brand of kites as last year hasn't been too good for me with my 3 leaking bullies + 2 other waroos 2010 which I hated and resold.
Anyway I got myself a 2011 12m Lithium and a 2011 Switchblade 9m.

Both kites are really awesome but my friend let me tried the 15m taboo and I really loved it; direct yet really smooth power. I will order an 8m Taboo for my nuking session. It is only 1m smaller than my SB but the SB is really powerful so it will make me a good quiver.

Can't wait to try it :-)

Jules
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Return to Kite & Product Reviews