Any review on the NEW TS T

Post your reviews and experiences with all the BEST products here!

Moderator: sq225917

Any review on the NEW TS T

Postby jumarcil » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:12 am

Has anyone tried the new TS in multiple wind conditions; under, overpowered , Gusty sessions ? There was a demo in my area but there was really no wind when they came down.

I would like to see if the gain in Low end has costed the amazing upper limit of my taboos ? Also I heard that they are slower, much slower ?

thanks

Jules
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Re: Any review on the NEW TS T

Postby cowboy54 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:42 am

On my phone so can't do too much. Having a team riders weekend at the minute down the south cost of the UK.
Got a little time on the 10+15m TS, 9.5 kahoona and looking for a little run on a GP today. TS definately different in the 10m, but its a better overall kite. I'll post more info when I get home
Anglia Area Demo Manager (UK)
cowboy54
Medium Poster

Postby jumarcil » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:25 am

there is a quick test on Kitesurfmag :

http://www.iksurfmag.com/issue29/

page 127 and 128

It really look like you have a winner with this one :-)
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Postby cowboy54 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:39 am

unfornutely couldnt get hold of the GP as was being kept on the water all day by more experienced kiters, only wanted a little run.

BAck to the TS, the 15m I had a go on Saturday afternoon. Day had started out on my 14m Taboo which was at its bottom end, but after a few hours wind picked up enough for being very nicely powered. Had a 20 minute run on the 15m and while feeling even more powered was easily controllable. As Im 100kg and the wind started of in low the setting was for slower turning which I didnt like but kite was stable, sat where I wanted and gave the power when wanted. Other riders who have the 15m Taboo loved the TS. The new sliders/pulley on the 15&17m bridles are small and doesnt affect the handling.

First go on the 10m was in 24knts gusting to 29knts. Took me about 5 minute to get the feel of it but after that nothing but a grin on my face. Kite looks awesome in the sky, construction is still top notch and graphics are nice!!! :supz:

Word of warning here for anyone buying, DO NOT store wet after its first use, as similar to what Kahoona V3 users have said there is colour run.

Ive never kited in any situation where there is as much shore break and waves as down in Devon, and even though I didnt go out too far the TS gave me great confidence in throwing my board about. Power is generate through most of the window rather than how the Taboo was low down. This gives you more power on the upstroke which can only help the bottom end. Jumping WOW what a difference, when you through the kite there is the initial steady lift that the Taboo gave, then you get that extra pull anyone that has used a Nemesis feels.

Even just cruising along, pull the bar in and youve got enough power for some lift, which just made me have a crack and complete my first ever planned Jump Transition.

Backrools which Ive been needing more lift on the Taboo at times due to skill level all I can say is I will have no worries on the TS. Went for one on the Sunday and ended up doing a double.

Sunday was probably 20knts gusting to 28/29knts at times. Taboo 10m alot of folks said didnt hanlde brilliant (i changed to 2nd knot) and worked great, but you definately could feel the gusts.

Managed to grab the TS for the last 30 mins and the grin for the conditions was even better :prayer:
This thing ate up the gusts, gave power on tap, and loving the new jumping. Evene went to playing in the surf a little with my Shinn Monk. Was knackered at the end of the weekend but looking forwrd to changing to the new TS its a knockout :box:
Anglia Area Demo Manager (UK)
cowboy54
Medium Poster

Return to Kite & Product Reviews