Ts Bar Pressure Vs Taboo Vs Kahoona

Post your reviews and experiences with all the BEST products here!

Moderator: sq225917

Ts Bar Pressure Vs Taboo Vs Kahoona

Postby jumarcil » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:07 pm

I was on Kahoona V1 which gave me tendinitis; after that I went on nemis than on Taboos. The Taboos bar pressure was really perfect for me.

I heard that the new TS have more bar pressure; is this true ? a lot more ??? Also doe the new Kahoona V4 have more or less bar pressure than the TS ?

In order from Less to more pressure could someone classify, the TS, the Taboo and the Kahoona V4.

thanks

Jules
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Re: Ts Bar Pressure Vs Taboo Vs Kahoona

Postby pumpnjump » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:02 pm

Only kited the 8m TS so far, but bar pressure on that is a touch more than the V4 Kahoona 7.5, the Taboo had an excellent balance between light bar feel and feedback, both the V4 and TS are heavier. I also get tendonitis and have no difficulty having daily 2-3 hour sessions on the V4 this is a great kite alround, anyone who kites who could not enjoy kiting this kite is missing something. The TS is more performance orientated is fast and manoeuvrable like the Taboo, has gained a lot of power so you would likely use the next size down from a Taboo, but has gained some bar pressure to go with it. The TS 8m over the Taboo 8m I would guess at 15-20% more, but this is a guess from memory as I have not kited them back to back yet.
pumpnjump
Rare Poster

Postby sq225917 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 am

it depends on the where you are in each kites range, but I'd say in general, taboo-v4-TS from low to high. (the 15m and 17m TS are both light for their sizes though)

In reality there's little between the V4 and TS.
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Postby jumarcil » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:34 am

sq225917 wrote:it depends on the where you are in each kites range, but I'd say in general, taboo-v4-TS from low to high. (the 15m and 17m TS are both light for their sizes though)

In reality there's little between the V4 and TS.

Simon;

you had me worry when you said that the V4 and TS were the same for bar pressure cause all I remebered from the Kahoona was the tendinitis that those kites gave me after one season. They were V1 one though.

I had the chance to try the new 9.5 V4 this week-end and wow that kite has gone a long way since V1. The bar pressure isn't light but it really is ok. I used the Kahoona for 2 hours in wind ranging from 20 to 35 knots. At 35 knots I really was over but the kite is now a lot stiffer and it keeps his shape and does a lot better in the gusts. It still has that nice floaty feel when you jump. The kite is really easy to ride. A very nice freeride kite, must also be great for waves as it drifts very good. I really liked it :-)

I also tried the Ts 10m this week and wow; this is my kind of kite. It is still a lot like the Taboo but with better low end and way much more lift for big air. Bar pressure has raised but not to the point where it is annoying. Guys you really have a great lineup.

I could go with the kahoona but I prefer the TS; faster, more direct steering, more power through the turns.

PS; the new bar is awesome !!!

Guys you have outdone yourselves :-)

Jules
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Return to Kite & Product Reviews