sewing back neoprene on the leash.

This is a forum dedicated to tips and tricks, whether its rigging your bar correctly or learning a backroll...

Moderator: sq225917

sewing back neoprene on the leash.

Postby abelloni » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi,

After two sessions in the water, I saw that the neoprene part of my leash has started to comme unstitched (see picture, red circles).

I'd like to sew it back before it get worse. But, for that, I would need to undo the part in the bleu circle. What I want to know is whether it is enough to unstitch it or is it glued ?

Any advices ?
Attachments
leash.jpg
abelloni
Rare Poster

Re: sewing back neoprene on the leash.

Postby Christianh » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:35 pm

abelloni wrote:Hi,

After two sessions in the water, I saw that the neoprene part of my leash has started to comme unstitched (see picture, red circles).

I'd like to sew it back before it get worse. But, for that, I would need to undo the part in the bleu circle. What I want to know is whether it is enough to unstitch it or is it glued ?

Any advices ?

must be pretty bad made that leash, I got the same problem with mine..

I got like 5 older Best leash's and none of them got this problem.
Straps? what the heck is that?
Christianh
Medium Poster

Postby sq225917 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:53 am

Not glued, just stitched, you can take the neoprene off completely if you prefer.

I have seen this happen before, but in both of those cases the owners were using in in place of amore robust handlepass leash. Remember the bypass leash isn't rated as a handlepass leash, if you are taking full strength impacts onto the leash when it is rigged directly to the chickenloop as a static leash then something is going to give.

;-)
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Postby abelloni » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:45 am

Hum, the leash was only connected to the redline using the Performance Bar Leash attachment ring. I never used it as a static leash, connected directly to the CL.
abelloni
Rare Poster

Return to Tips and Tricks