Tips for Newbies: Waterstarting: the unabridged version

This is a forum dedicated to tips and tricks, whether its rigging your bar correctly or learning a backroll...

Moderator: sq225917

Stacy-I love you!

Postby AirBorn S,S,F,W! » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 am

That was the most informative instruction I've read anywhere. Thank You for caring enough to take the time and make the effort. I know you wrote it just for ME! LOL, OK, for everyone. No really, I've been dry land training only, and yesterday had my 9M WAROO up when a seemingly hurricane storm came out of nowhere, dust 0- 8 ft up. scared sh--less- FULLY DE-POWERED, Kept the kite straight up, trailing edge fluttering loudly, one edge even buckled, after 30 sec or so, it finally, FINALLY passed! I can not even begin to imagine the scene had I dropped the kite even 10 deg. I think I will practice and USE the safety's once or twice. The ball park fence would have stopped me, it held all my bags!
That is the best pic and caption by the way! Laugh every time I see it!

And Thank you- excellent advice all.
9" I mean 9M Waroo, Me? Unattached, and just making the most of it.
SSFW=spring, summer, fall, winter, kiting/snow skiing/ boarding etc.
AirBorn S,S,F,W!
Rare Poster

Re: Tips for Newbies: Waterstarting: the unabridged version

Postby SteWre » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Great! I never read this as good as here!
SteWre
Rare Poster

Postby gemslewis » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:35 am

I am feeling very lucky that I came across this post and came to know about so useful and important tips for starting in water. I am little bit afraid at the first time but after reading this tips I really feel that I can do very well.
gemslewis
Rare Poster

Postby BACUS » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:14 pm

You spend all that time on the water and try to absorb all the info your instructor is telling you while your trying not to kill yourself in the mean time. This has helped so much by filling in the holes in memory and in the small things that you miss in the lessons.

Thank you soooo much I am going back out onthe 5th for another run and will be studying your post till then
BACUS
Rare Poster

Postby BACUS » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:15 pm

[quote="BACUS"]You spend all that time on the water and try to absorb all the info your instructor is telling you while your trying not to kill yourself in the mean time. This has helped so much by filling in the holes in memory and in the small things that you miss in the lessons.

Thank you soooo much I am going back out onthe 5th for another run and will be studying your post till then[/FLY LIKE A BAT OUT OF HELL MY FRIENDS!]
BACUS
Rare Poster

Postby BSCALL » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:03 pm

don't forget to not be afraid of your kite. Also never allow your shoulders to break the plane of your knees. Once you lean forward too much its facelant time. Think of how you win a tug of war. arch your back and keep your legs in front of you.
Brian Scall
CS / Warranty Manager
Office: 1.252.489.2959 ext. 0223
Toll Free: 866-700-BEST (2378)
BSCALL
Medium Poster

Postby KoryLGriffin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks a bunch for the tips.

This is something I always wanted to try and now I am in a predicament where this is possible. I plan to try it for the for time this summer.

Thanks again for posting.

Cheers

:fro:
Last edited by KoryLGriffin on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KoryLGriffin
Rare Poster

Postby drzka » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks a lot for this great write up. Nice to know there are still people who will take the time to help others (for free).

-P
drzka
Rare Poster

Postby yachtwork » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Great help! Thanks for writing it up.

Scott
Marine Engineer
Captain Mariah, Catana 582
www.yachtwork.com
yachtwork
Rare Poster

Postby yachtwork » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:21 pm

By the way your bit about using using left or right leg forward and just make it happen, well part of our practice in board work is using our kiteboard as a wakeboard and today I just started goofy foot instead of regular. Towed up and made every move, but just backward. Great. Worked perfect.

Then told my mate to keep his front leg straight like your bit says and sure enough he got instantly better.

Thanks again for the great write up.

Scott
Marine Engineer
Captain Mariah, Catana 582
www.yachtwork.com
yachtwork
Rare Poster

Previous

Return to Tips and Tricks