2010-2011 Central Florida Open Ocean Downwinder

This is where you will find a calendar and updates for the, PKRA and other competitive events worldwide.

2010-2011 Central Florida Open Ocean Downwinder

Postby FL_Kiteboarder » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:31 pm

-
Time : Saturday, November 13 - November 14

For more information, [click here]

Facebook Event Page - 2010 Central Florida Open Ocean Downwinder

From A.J. - "We are going to try and have the Event/Race on the 13th or 14th of Nov. If that weekend does not happen, then I plan to try and run it every weekend after that til the 12th of Dec."

Kitetricity Kiteboarding, VooDoo Stand-Up Paddleboarding, along with Cancer Care Centers and Foundation of Melbourne will be putting on the 2nd annual "Central Florida Open Ocean Downwinder" The Event/Race will cover 60 miles of the East Coast of Florida, starting at Cocoa Beach and ending at Vero Beach, or vise versa, depending on the wind direction.

Brand New this year will be a 30 mile downwinder for those who think that they can not make it the whole 60 miles. The half-way point for that event/race will be at a place called Sebastian Beach Inn Restaurant (S.B.I) 7035 S. Highway A1A, Melbourne Beach, 321-728-4311. S.B.I is half-way from both directions, coming down from the north, or coming up from the south.

There will be a 72, 48, 36 hour "heads-up notice" prior to the Event/Race per the Wind. If the Event/Race starts at Cocoa Beach, it will start at a place called "Cheri Down City Park" (corner of Washington and Ridgewood Ave, Cape Canaveral), which is where we started last year. If the Event/Race starts from the Vero Beach end, then it will start at South Beach Access at the end of East Causeway Blvd (17th Street Bridge).
Last edited by FL_Kiteboarder on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
FL_Kiteboarder
Rare Poster

Re: 2010-2011 Central Florida Open Ocean Downwinder

Postby FL_Kiteboarder » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:15 pm

-
LATEST UPDATE -

Hey Everyone. The forecast is looking good for Saturday, the 12th. It is still holding at 15 plus, out of the N or NNE. It showed that it will be stronger in the morning, but could be lighter later on in the day. Our plans are to do the Event/Race as early as possible, which means, it could be the first "Sunrise Downwind Race" of it's kind..So keep praying that the forecast holds, and that Mother Nature will bring us great winds. Feel free to contact me if you need any help. We are also looking for a "head count" if the forecast holds, so we can give the local bar a "heads-up" to bring staff in for the "after party"...Thanks.

Here are the main links for the Event-

The Main event information - http://bit.ly/2010FLDwnWndr

The latest event updates - http://on.fb.me/KitetricityVoodoo

The Facebook Event Page - http://on.fb.me/DwnWndrEventPage

____

Return to Events and features forum.