Is it time to remove the forum?

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

Is it time to remove the forum?

Postby pumpnjump » Tue May 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Putting the suggestion forward for comment. The forum used to be lively and informative, looking at the lack of posting in recent months starts to make Best look stale and lacking in consumer interest. This is certainly not the case, but most of the traffic is now going to the facebook page, maybe the community link should be pushing new customers that way.
pumpnjump
Rare Poster

Re: Is it time to remove the forum?

Postby sean_townsend » Wed May 29, 2013 11:44 am

I Agree that the forum has gone quiet but i dont agree that it should be removed, i for one don't like facebook and therefore don't have an account, where would that leave me?
sean_townsend
Rare Poster

Postby richardbowes » Thu May 30, 2013 6:29 am

Remove , remove it !!!! more like "MOVE" it back on the homepage so everybody can see the latest posts
Tucked away it just lacks acknowledgement and spontaneity and to be frank its boring i'll say that again ..Boring – take it on the chin good or bad postings and move it back to the front page on a tic a taca maybe !!!
COME ON !! yes wakey wakey!! grab yourself my the balls and DO it before it just become another mind numbing ZZZZzzz ZZZZZzzzz .......website
richardbowes
Medium Poster

Postby jumarcil » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 am

I use to coem here everyday to see what was happening, now it is really dead. I haven't been here in weeks and there is only 2 posts and One of them is about removing the forum.

Facebook; I hate facebook. I get about 50 request for Zynga + all sort of stupid games everyday.

Yes; put the forum link on the first page and it will maybe get some attention.
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Postby NAG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 am

I agree. This used to be a great forum with lots of useful tips, feedback and reviews, I used to check it regularly. Now totally dead.

Facebook isn't the answer - it's a time waster that I avoid as much as possible.

Get the feed working back to the home page!
-Niko
NAG
Medium Poster

Postby RyanEvans » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:20 am

Here's a little something to liven things up a bit!

RyanEvans
Rare Poster

Postby sean_townsend » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:48 am

Total silence for 14 weeks from anyone at BEST, maybe it IS time to close the forum!!
If there was a smiley for tumbleweed, now would be a very appropriate time to use it.
sean_townsend
Rare Poster

Postby St3viE B! » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:57 am

It's not time yet, there's still so much to do! I'm the new customer service/warranty manager for the USA and I'll be helping answer questions that come up. Put away the knife! This forum isn't dead yet haha
St3viE B!
Rare Poster

Postby RyanEvans » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:10 am

sean_townsend wrote:Total silence for 14 weeks from anyone at BEST, maybe it IS time to close the forum!!

Unless of course you look above your comment and see mine... :roll: Someone from Best posting Bobryk's Kite Loop video only a few weeks earlier. Outside of that, not sure how you want "someone" from Best to respond to this thread. Outside of a few social media laggards (I don't mean that in a derogatory manner) most everyone follows/interacts with brands via the Social Media medium.

The times they are a changin'! That said, the new 2014 gear has got me stoked... perhaps that will spark some excitement and discussion here. Back in the day this form would be full of excitement and inquiry prior to a new product cycle. Just goes to show how quickly things can change.
RyanEvans
Rare Poster

Postby cowboy54 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:43 pm

speaking of lack of posting and Ryan;s last one.

Having been in contact with the Global Sales rep (trying to sort demo stuff) things have been hectic the last month working up to launching the kit to folks at PKRA germany

Mark out ontop of this sorting out literature design and finalising a few other things Im sure everyone has been flat out working up the few months before launch

Can confirm that the new inflation system is great, new bars are sweet, few minor details on kites to prevent wear that has been highlighted on bridles, and the GP is as easy to use as ever for someone not used to 5 line or c style kites. Kahoona's have impressed riders and unfortunately I didnt get a chance to try the cabo or TS (thanks a bunch "un-named courier company")
Anglia Area Demo Manager (UK)
cowboy54
Medium Poster

Postby sean_townsend » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:18 am

Sorry Ryan, with you being a rare poster i didn't realise you worked for Best, usually Simon responds to most messages with him being the moderator but i 've not heard from him in ages.
sean_townsend
Rare Poster

Postby RyanEvans » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:27 am

Just giving you a good tease Sean :grin:

As Cowboy eluded, all the beautiful product copy and graphics in manuals and videos that you see... yup, that's Simon nerding out until the wee early hours!
RyanEvans
Rare Poster

Postby sq225917 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:09 am

I'll tell you why it's been slow on here.

Because we've all been hard at work bringing you the absolutely most insane gear for 2014. When we've not been working on developing gear we've been travelling and shooting video. When we've not be doing that we've been doing the new dealer books and product catalogues. And when that wasn't being worked on we were building up the brand new 2014 website which will be going online later today.

Honestly I've not had the time to log on more than once or twice since March, it has been insanely busy. That's the trouble with signing up the very best riders in the world you have to up your game and create an environment for the brand that matches their level and that's what we've been doing.

All will be revealed later today.
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Postby tonyp » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Can confirm that the new inflation system is great, new bars are sweet,

Can you confirm if this years bar is better than last years piece of crap that cost me £300 ... Not from you I might add .
8m 2013 TS , 10m 2013 TS , 13m 2009 waroo , 14m ERA 08 .
137x44 nobile 666 NHP
135x41 north select
tonyp
Rare Poster

Postby sq225917 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:39 am

I've just not had time to check in regularly. I've been way too busy with content and catalogues and we've swapped every IT system over this years so there has been a huge amount to shift over, archive and learn.

That said it's all pretty much done now, just two more pages to go into the Dealer sheets and I can get back to talking to you guys about kiting. Which is how it should be, right?
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Next

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum