Bridge of The Gods Kite Festival

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

Bridge of The Gods Kite Festival

Postby tonyb » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:16 pm

I know that most of the readers out there won't be able to attend this event but for those that are in the US and anywhere near the US west coast this is a killer event to catch.

14th Annual Bridge of The Gods Kiteboarding Festival in Stevenson, WA

* Amateur Freestyle: July 27th. This is the showcase event with some of the best amateur riders you'll see anywhere. We've got food vendors, raffles, give aways, photo ops, music and a general good time on the waterfront. We have classes for the following:
- Mini Groms (12 and under)
- Groms (13 to 16)
- Men (17 and up)
- Women (17 and up)
- Masters (40 and up)
Entry fee is $50.00. Cash, gear and gift certificate prizes. Our gear pile prize pool is the best one anywhere for an amateur event. Typically awarding over $6,000 in cash and gear every year.

* Pro Riders / Past Winners / Sponsored Riders - Freestyle event: July 28th. Technical stuff to impress the judges, some height to please the crowd. It's not old school, it's not dangling but it doesn't hurt to get up to the crowd's level on the bank while throwing that back mobe. Men's and Women's heats. $2,000 guaranteed purse. $50.00 entry fee.

* Pro-Am Race - Stevenson to Hood River:August 3rd. The traditional Stevie to HR Blowout downwind race with a twist. We'll be joining up pro riders (Billy Parker, Jake Buzianis, Sam Medesky, Eric Reinstra, etc..) and local heroes (Corey, Jim Bison, Brad Gordon, Grom, etc...) with amateurs like the rest of us mortals to form teams. Lowest combined finishing order for all team members will win the race. Besides bragging rights prizes will consist of gift certificates to local shops and schwag. Entry fee is $30.00 unless you also rode the amateur or pro event the week before in which case the fee is only $15.00. Boat/jet ski support will be provided.

I need volunteers for the following:
- Amateur Registration (two)
- Amateur judges (three to five)
- Amateur kite launchers (four to eight - will rotate)
- Amateur boat support (one ski/boat)

- Pro Registration (two)
- Pro judges (three to five)
- Pro kite launchers

- Blowout Race Registration (two)
- Blowout boat / jetski support (two boats/skis - helpers in the boats - will pay for gas)
- Blowout Finish Line counter (three or four)

pm me here or send an e-mail to: tony @ gorgekiting.com (no spaces of course)

Riders - time to hone your tricks!
Photographers - charge the batteries and empty your memory cards. This is the event to see!

I'll post the eligibility rules for Amateur versus pro tomorrow afternoon. Preregistration will be available on the website this weekend. Go here for more details: www.botgkitefest.com .
tonyb
Rare Poster

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum