Kahoona v5

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

Kahoona v5

Postby sean_townsend » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:19 am

OK, it's time to replace my 9.5 V2, i want to stick with the Kahoona but i remember reading a while back about the bags being slimmed down, i liked my old style bag, it had plenty of room for a badly rolled up kite, pump hose and helmet. What kind of bags do the V5 come with?
sean_townsend
Rare Poster

Re: Kahoona v5

Postby apctjb » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:41 pm

My V5's t came standard with a simple nylon stuff sack (like a sleeping bag stuff sack) which can be used to store the kite either fully deflated or with struts inflated . For extra $$ you can upgrade to a heavier duty "suitcase" style bag for storing the kite deflated. The nice "backpack" style bags that were standard with the earlier Kahoona's don't appear to be offered any more. I agree those bags were great, I wished I had held onto them as what is available now is far less versatile or as well built.
apctjb
Medium Poster

Postby sean_townsend » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks, that's what I thought, i think it was a bad move, the backpack style bag were great especially if you have to walk to we're you're kiting like I do, if best don't supply an alternative then I may have to change brands, the sleeping bag style kite bag just isn't good enough for me.

Simon can you help me out here please?
sean_townsend
Rare Poster

Postby Quad » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:20 pm

I dont like the new v4 and v5 bags either. Just sell your old kite with the new bag, thats what i did at least :mrgreen:
Quad
Rare Poster

Postby NICKM » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:54 pm

I love these bags. In fact, i usually replace my bag immediately upon receiving the kite

http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/black-milita ... p6641.aspx
5-7, 5-7, 6...same but different
NICKM
Medium Poster

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum