GP Questions

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

GP Questions

Postby nossodo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:59 pm

Just bought a 11 and a 9 of the GP V2.

Have a couple of questions.

1. Both kites are conciderably harder to pump and to get drum tight compared to the 5 other best kites i have owned. Someone else feel the same?

2. On the front pigtails there are 2 knots. Do you use them to adjust the power of the kite or is one knot to be used in wakestyle and the other in freestyle mode?

3. What will the effect be when using the 2 different knots on the 5th?

4. I Think i have seen pictures where the rider has put a stopper on the 5th. Then you would not get full depower when you release but get a faster relaunch when not riding suicide. Thoughts about this? I Think it was Gisela in the pix.
nossodo
Rare Poster

Re: GP Questions

Postby RyanEvans » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:10 am

Congrats on the new kites!

1. I've never had any problems pumping up my GP's... seemed the same as all other kites in the line

2. The front pigtail knots are used to trim the kite... highwind/depowered on the second knot... normal power/rigging all the way out. I find that the 11m and 9m ride amazingly well when rigged on the second knot (closer to the kite) when I'm going out well-powered/over-powered... I never feel "too much" to unhook. When I rig on the second front line knot... I also rig the 5th line on the 2nd knot (pull front of kite down). Otherwise in normal wind/power I ride everything all the way out.

3. The second knot on the 5th will flatten the kite a bit... more low-end and sits deeper in the window. If you rig the second knot on the front lines AND the 5th line, it will work to depower the kite... if you rig all the way out on the front and second knot on the 5th, it will flatten the kite and create a bit more grunt.

4. You wont have any problems with the stock setting... Gisela has her 5th line and front lines attach directly to the depower strap d-ring. The normal GP bar has a front-line "Y" that splits 3m up. As such, you wont need a stopper.
RyanEvans
Rare Poster

Re: GP Questions

Postby nossodo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 am

Great! Thanks for your answers.
nossodo
Rare Poster

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum