2013 bar .... Crap or what ??

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

2013 bar .... Crap or what ??

Postby tonyp » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:01 pm

sq225917 wrote:
Andreas, sorry to hear about this rash of issues, it is out of the ordinary.

I think the R&D guys will want to see your chickenloop and swivel assembly, we've had no failures like that so far so i expect they'd be keen to investigate further.

Simon

What a total load of boll@@ks , ALL. 2013 bars were recalled from all uk shops as this happened to nearly every bar that was sold on its release . This is a life / death part of your equipment .
I've had the same problems with mine and have seen so many other guys on the beach have this problem . Kites for no reason being released , and poor guys being dragged up the beach . Lucky no one has died because of this .
I was told my bar would be exchange for a new 2014 bar back in august , as yet I'm still waiting . I've also pm,ed SQ . Still waiting for a 2nd reply .........
I've bought best kites and bars since 2007 , but because of this I will no longer be buying them any more . And there are so many uk kite shops that are just selling off there stock at reduced prices to get rid of them , and are not restocking any more best .
Too much money invested in getting top riders to come over to them . Why the f*ck was this bar ever put out to the public without being properly tested .
Totally disgusted with there service , can't wait to read that best have gone bust , or no longer trading in the uk.
I'm one pissed off EX customer !!
8m 2013 TS , 10m 2013 TS , 13m 2009 waroo , 14m ERA 08 .
137x44 nobile 666 NHP
135x41 north select
tonyp
Rare Poster

Re: 2013 bar .... Crap or what ??

Postby NICKM » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Have you gone through customer service on website and not just a PM to SQ?
5-7, 5-7, 6...same but different
NICKM
Medium Poster

Postby NICKM » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Assuming you have, did they tell you why your new bar hasn't arrived? I am in the US so i know nothing about the BEST market in the UK. However, with a full quiver of 09 waroo's (my favorite kite ever) you're jumping ship over an issue with the new bar? I say continue to follow up with BEST Customer service. I have read on here where SQ said he's been wicked busy. not stepping in for him but I am saying go a different route.

http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/en/contact-us

Maybe you've already sone this, just seeing.
5-7, 5-7, 6...same but different
NICKM
Medium Poster

Postby sq225917 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Tony,
I don't know which post of mine you quoted from, but whenever I said whatever I said in that thread it was accurate. I gain nothing from giving out inaccurate information.

We re-fitted 2013 bars with new cuff bungees and replaced chickenloops assemblies on the first batch that came in to the UK, that was about 50 bars, out of a total of nearly 600 sold in the UK during the course of the 2013 season. I'm sorry that we didn't deal with your issue in a timely manner, that's obviously below the standard of service we expect to deliver.

Warranty isn't something that I deal with at all any more, so I can't just order you up the part like I used to do for customers, you'll have to go through the warranty channel. Seeing as Ant has let you down, I'd suggest that you use http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/en/contact-us. Once you are in the system you'll get dealt with quickly. I dropped Darren an email he should chase you up.

Sorry for the hassle.
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum