The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas Here

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

Re: The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas Here

Postby rob perry » Tue May 24, 2011 6:12 pm

make a kit bag to fix all of it in what wont BRAKE bec so of us me that bec on carrying it every where :P thankz
rob perry
Rare Poster

Postby Geoffoman » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:13 am

The redline performance bar - latest 2011 is fine but could do with bar ends the same as the old redline 08 and 09 bars, as when winding in the lines, the current bar does not have enough end tip depth to hold all the lines in place without them slipping off. I know there are elastic bands to hold the lines in place, but the ends could be a better shape to retain the lines when fully wound in.
Geoffoman
Rare Poster

Postby ulises » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Geoffoman wrote:The redline performance bar - latest 2011 is fine but could do with bar ends the same as the old redline 08 and 09 bars, as when winding in the lines, the current bar does not have enough end tip depth to hold all the lines in place without them slipping off. I know there are elastic bands to hold the lines in place, but the ends could be a better shape to retain the lines when fully wound in.

Actually I prefer not having tips: the lines get easily tangled with the tips than without when actually using the bar, which is the main purpose.

In the other hand, what I would like to see is less wear and tear of the strings. Maybe those strings could have an outer layer of plastic, like the insulator in the electric cables but made of rubber and thinner?
ulises
Rare Poster

Postby apctjb » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Go back to a swivel above the depower strap (below the bar swivel doesn't cut it). Bigger bar ends for wrapping lines, longer lasting -easy to replace depower line (frays way to fast).
apctjb
Medium Poster

Postby rtz » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Any chance of a return of the 'get three for the price of two' days?

What about lower prices on the kites? Consider the margins vs's more volume(better price on materials and production) and more market share by having more of your kites out there. Your prices are currently right on up there with the rest of them.

I'm still new and need to buy kites. In this economy; price sells.
rtz
Rare Poster

Postby Dhowerton » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:09 am

Hey rtz

My name is Darren, I am the new CS/ Warranty manager here...

We actually ran the 3 for 2 promotion twice last year; once through bestkiteboarding.com with the launch of the Taboo, and then once through our Best dealers. We have also had our gold and silver ticket promotion run around thanksgiving for the last two years, wherein you can purchase a gold ticket for $750 and receive $1000 towards any new Best gear, or a silver ticket for $150 and receive $300 towards gear. While I cannot promise these exact promotions will run again, I am confident our sales team has something in the works. Furthermore, our Best dealers often run promotions in addition to ours, so checking your local shop is worth while.
Aside from the sales/promos the Kahoona is the highest quality sub 1k$ kite on the market right now, and has been a number one school kite for lesson centers the world over. At Best we strive to get everyone to Ride With Us, and realize that making a kite that is affordable is a big part of that.

Cheers,
Darren
Dhowerton
Rare Poster

Re: The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas

Postby James » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Nemi made of Double core ripstop and NO MORE BALL INFLATION VALVES!!!!!! :supz:
Sunny skies and Windy days......may they happen together.
www.highasakite.ca
James
Medium Poster

Re: The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas

Postby Andyo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been flying some other brands as well lately, and I have to say while Best kites are great - its mostly the "the little things" that you see and think "why doesn't Best have that..." Here are some ideas I think are worthwhile considering.

1. Wax coated lines
In case you have not seen them - you should check out the 2013 Cabrinha lines - not sure what exactly they did, but it seems they coated their lines. They feel really nice, high quality and sturdy which also prevents line tangling. It seems, they will last longer given how they feel (however obviously I didn't do a study whether this assumption holds actually true in real life). Just touching them "screams quality"..

2. Deflate / Inflave valves
Who wants a stopper ball? Again, have a look at Cabrinha kites. It's one big valve for inflate and deflate PLUS the hose can be attached directly to valve to avoid it the popping out while pumping the kite up.

3. Protected lines to prevent wear from sheeting
Cabrina has their front lines in a tube so that there is no wear and tear from sheeting - on top, it is super clean with no clutter.

4. Longer chicken willie:
Ok, I might be a minority, but I'm using a sliding Dynbar that apparently has a slighlty different hook than Dakine. It happened to me 3 times that my kite unhooked itself after a lull in the wind with a gust coming. Never had that problem with another kite brand - simply because the chicken willie of other brands is a bit longer and thicker...

5. Above the bar swivel like Naish
Maybe it is me - but the swivel on the 12 or 13 bar never really worked. If you look at Naish's system, they actually made it work with a smooth above the bar swivel.

6. Release system that allows you to continue kiting
The 2012 release system worked great, I was able to remount everything and continue kiting in no time.. Sorry, but the 2013 release system blows... its such a hassle to get the bar back and reconnect... especially in the water with a kite pulling...

7. Depower solution
I don't necessarily have the issue, but when my girlfriend uses the kite, she simply can not reach the power/depower straps... of course, you can say just use extensions... I agree, that will work, but it also means you have the straps flattering around, or in the way when sheeting... If you look at Cabrinha with their springs, they made it work and the depower is always within reach!!

8. Gauge on the pump
Of course, this is not something super important - but still - it's nice to see the pressure and I dont see any reason why other brands have it and Best doesn't... I pump them up until I see the that the pump handle bends, but I see quite a few people who underpump because they are worried that the bladder bursts...

9. Kookproof connectors (knot / hook)
Again, not something super important but for other brands the standard..

Of course, its a bigger decision whether you want to have the best kites with the best features to compete on quality and differentiation - or whether you choose to provide good kites with decent features in order to compete more on price... It is not fully clear to me where Best wants to position itself... Clearly the quality on the kites is great, great customer service and warranty handling, etc... but then on other areas - other brands seem ahead..
Andyo
Rare Poster

Previous

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum