The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas Here

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas Here

Postby Alex @ Best » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:19 am

We've had various threads over the years where you, our customers, have made excellent suggestions about how to improve products, what you'd like to see in a product and even new product ideas. We, at BEST, value our customer's feedback and ideas even more than our pro riders, because we make kites and gear for you, not for them... For example, when we test kites and boards at our test centers in Austrailia and Brazil, we go out of our way to let normal guys ride everything and give feedback - so post any and all ideas here - we're listening....
Alex Shogren
I ride the 2008 Nemesis HP
Alex @ Best
Site Admin

'08 Bar Improvement

Postby Cuban B » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:01 am

I think Best bars are top-notch. They're simple and I value that. Only reason I dont own one is the fact that they are not width adjustable. I like to fly my 12M on both a 45cm and 55cm bar, depending on the conditions. If I owned Best bars I'd have to own two bars, lay out two sets of lines and switch them when I wanted to go between the two sizes.

The RRD HT bar has an ingenious method of easily adjusting the bar width. It takes all of 10 seconds and allows you to change the width with ease with only having to rig one bar. For that reason alone I choose to ride with the HT bar.
Cuban B
Rare Poster

Postby eldadgold » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:23 pm

option for the depower strap length.
for example - i need about 5 cm more of depower strap on my yarga 9m' insted of taking the kite down and moving the lines a knot or two.

an insert where the line goes through the bar.

bigger kitebags.

option for choosing a CL. (FONE has a cool setup...)

no screws at the bar tips (naish has the best technic since 05 bars)

a 5th line release mechanism.
eldadgold
Rare Poster

Postby mbigger » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 pm

Bungee Leash...Longer, Stronger (super strong..no run away kite), Bigger (manly looking)...

and you gotta be able to unclip it with winter gloves (mitts). On the beach I have it on the Onumber2 and on the water...above the chicken loop.

Michael
mbigger
Frequent Poster

Postby JaCelica2k » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:28 pm

Plastic retainers on the end of the bars to keep the lines would on the bar.

Stronger stitching on the bags where the top flap meets the bag.
JaCelica2k
Rare Poster

Postby warlock » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:14 am

Bar cleat system, Airush have this down good this very, I an considering seling my waroo bars and buying airush ones

9m Waroo 07 (R.I.P)
13m Waroo 07 (R.I.P)
Colin McCulloch Custom 134x40
Airush Hammer 144x41
warlock
Rare Poster

Postby kitegirluk » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:25 pm

1. Make the drive 131 in pink, I aint buying a bogey green board.

2. Bigger bags.

3. Make it so the writing on the HP leash doesn't wear off after 3 sessions. (I like it that it says BEST on it, so should you)

4. Sort out the bar pressure on the bigger Bularoos, my 13 gives me the worst tennis elbow ever. ( I still adore it though)

5. See if you can't reinforce the rails (and particularly corners) of the boards a little more. My mate's Float fell outta ma van and made a right mess of the corner. My Underground and Crazy Fly have both done the same with no dings whatsoever. (And yes, I'll be more careful where I put the boards in the vehicle, promise.)

6. Leave the bar precisely as it is. It rocks :grin:

7. Make more clothing that's suitable for the northern hemisphere.. hotpant boardshorts don't cut it here, we need 3/4 lengths! And what's with the men's clothing??? It's TINY sizes... But seriously, you got the best women's kite clothing range on the market, your women's clothing designer deserves mahoooosive praise. :lol: (more of the bright greens, bright pinks, turquoise blues, it's all gorgeous!)

8. Make those long neoprene jackets you can put on to keep warm in between sessions.

9. Make skimboards (pretty please) and Best flags for the beach.

10. Continue making the most beautiful pink kites on the market. They also rock. :wink:

Go big,

Dee
You don't need eyes to see,
You need vision ;-)
kitegirluk
Medium Poster

Postby Blanco » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:53 pm

1) stronger and bigger bags
2) a swivel that works or otherwise take it out
3) longer power strap, cause if i use the depower i cant reach the depower anymore
Blanco
Rare Poster

Postby cjcos2 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:50 am

1. Improve the Chicken Loop Quick Release system, make it easier to activate, North and Slingshot are both great.
2. Toughen up the battern pockets on the kite, so that when the batterns snap they don’t poke through.
08 9m Waroo, 13m Bularoo, Cardboards Freeride 133
cjcos2
Rare Poster

Postby kitegirluk » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:53 am

3) longer power strap, cause if i use the depower i cant reach the depower anymore

Oh yes, that deffo needs some attention, I forgot that!

I know you can shorten the reach, but to make it so I can get to the depower strap I'd have to probs half what's there.

Would be great to have something I can finally use without having to grab the middle line and pull it down just to get to the strap.
You don't need eyes to see,
You need vision ;-)
kitegirluk
Medium Poster

Postby JoeMo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:31 pm

D-rings on the OS handles so you can clip a jaws type leash onto them. ATM i have a couple of dyneema loops tied on which is ok but rings would be neater.

and...

A leash with a jaws clip rather than a carabiner and with a loop to attach to the harness instead of a wrist strap. North's leash is nice and has a mini float on the clip end.
JoeMo
Rare Poster

Postby BenBaron » Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:40 am

1. Make the drive 131 in pink, I aint buying a bogey green board.

Brilliant!

How about a nasty hard-man looking totally black kite. (maybe with silver best if you must?)
BenBaron
Medium Poster

Postby marc@nz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:08 am

make a 5 line bar that spins.

also better chicken loop would be nice.
13m waroo pro
9m waroo
45cm bar
Cardboards custom 130 WakeStyle
bindings are the way forward
marc@nz
Rare Poster

Postby ThePerchik » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:37 am

Add a hard tip to the velcro straps that hold down the bladder valves. THis way you can insert the hard tip into the valce to dislodge the stopper ball to help in deflating. Once those stopper balls get really lodged its super hard. I have had to take out a shaper to push the ball through. I think Airush has it on their kites, or at least did. Its a hard tip about 1-2 inches long at the end of the top velcro strip.
ThePerchik
Medium Poster

Postby sq225917 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:56 am

so far the 08's are allgoing to be EZ-pump,so there are no ball valves except on the LE but that has its own deflate valve.
-----------------
sc@pureactionsports.com
Facebook: simon clarke
Marketing guy.
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Next

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum