The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas Here

Gear reviews, general discussion and anything to do with kiteboarding, the best sport in the world!

Moderator: sq225917

Re: The Suggestion Box - Post All Product Improvement Ideas Here

Postby NKA » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Thar airush bar scares the sh*t out of me, i have a fold up shade and it is very easy to unclip that style lock. Imagine being 30ft up and have the end of your bar take off. I'm not saying it is impossible to make one that is safe though. Could be a winner.

How funny would it be with the Airush bar trying to fishpole the kite. I think with the way it works it would easily come apart if you lost your grip.
NKA
Rare Poster

Postby scottywhitehaven » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:55 am

NKA wrote:Thar airush bar scares the number2 out of me, i have a fold up shade and it is very easy to unclip that style lock. Imagine being 30ft up and have the end of your bar take off. I'm not saying it is impossible to make one that is safe though. Could be a winner.

How funny would it be with the Airush bar trying to fishpole the kite. I think with the way it works it would easily come apart if you lost your grip.

The Airush bar works well in reality! From my experience, theres a lot less chance of it unclipping in mid air, than there is of say your depower rope snapping.

Imagine being 30ft up, hanging from 4 pieces of skinny rope, attached to two bits of plastic, attached to a thin hollow metal pole. Thats the scenario of every kite bar on the market..... sometimes its best not to think too much dude :roll:

I'm not promoting Airush on a Best website, but if Best were to make to make an adjustable bar I would be more than happy.
scottywhitehaven
Rare Poster

Postby EddyC » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:03 pm

Give us back the Nemesis HP 2008 or 2009 (I prefer the 2008)
The Taboo is not a replacement.
Ask your man on the Taiba lagoon last week Friday afternoon when I showed how fast the Nemesis HP 9m 2008 goes and beats everyone upwind.

Best regards,
Eddy Cormon
EddyC
Rare Poster

Re: BEST LIGHTWIND TwinTip

Postby jumarcil » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Why is Best not making a real lightwind Twin Tip. Cabrinha has the plasma at 146 X 46, SS with the Glide at 149 X 45, FOne with the fifty pro at 150 x 45 or 48, Spleen with their Door, FS with their Flydoor etc etc.

I am sure that you could come up with a great affordable lightwind board.

Right now I own two board. A Cabrinha caliber 130 and a Fifty pro 150X45. Next summer I will get myself another pure ligwind board. Probably the plasma at 146X46.

The fifty is a good lightwind but it isn't a pure Lightwindboard. But on the other hand the fifty allows me to get out in 9 or 10 knots and I can keep up to 20. With the plasma I'll be good from 7or 8 to about 15 knots.

You see we get a lot of Lightwind days in the summer where I live.
Driven by Wind ;-)
Best TS + Nemi V3
jumarcil
Medium Poster

Postby pjs199 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:29 pm

swiftie west coast wrote:i am also wondering ( thismight be in the wrong section) has best any plans to develope a wakeskate type of board or a surfboard like the underground kipuna would be cool for freewave stuff and would be pretty easy to beat their build quality thanks

I think swiftie is right on the money with the idea of a wakeskate or skim or something like that. Look at the Shinn Waterbird, LF Varial, Nobile Skim etc.. I would say make it small (like those I just listed) so you can carry it around OK, stand more chance holding onto it for freestyle and doesn't take up my whole van. Let it have small fins so it is properly slidely (not like the Best/Balance twin tips or the off-the-shelf Nobile fins). Also I think I like it a bit directional (more like the skim than the waterbird so you can play iun the waves. Definetly don't make it strapped. And really make sure it doesn't have sharp edges - can be bad if you fall on it with freestyle or whatever.

I think there is a real market for this, for free-ride etc., and hopefully possible to get the price point right.
:fro:
pjs199
Rare Poster

Donkey

Postby peterm » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:33 pm

How about building a bar that you do not rip out the donkey!!!
I have over 3 bars where the donkey has ripped out.
R&D need to do better job with this area!!!
peterm
Rare Poster

the BEST TRANSFORMER travel board.

Postby scottywhitehaven » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:16 pm

I might still be drunk from the xmas period, but here goes.....

A board that is made up of 3 pieces. 2 end sections and a middle section that folds up/ dismantles to fit in a normal travel bag...... (been done before I hear you say)...... BUT....

with interchangeable different sized middle sections sold seperately !!!

for example if the 2 end sections were 50cm each = 100cm in total,

with a 30 cm centre piece gives a total length of 130cm board,
with a 35 cm centre piece gives a total length of 135cm board,
with a 40 cm centre piece gives a total length of 140cm board.

kinda 1 board does it all. No need to take a 140cm light wind board and a 130cm powered up board (think of the excess baggage charges)..... with the BEST TRANSFORMER you've got 2 boards in 1 (that will fit in your normal suit case)

P.S. if this ever gets made..... I think I deserve a free board for the name "BEST TRANSFORMER" on its own.... never mind the awesome idea :grin:

Infact it could have interchangeable end sections for freestyle or freeride sold seperately also !!!

for example someone who rides a 135cm freestyle in the morning, might change the freestyle end pieces to the more forgiving freeride end pieces for a nice down wind ride in the afternoon, and still keep the 135cm sized board.
scottywhitehaven
Rare Poster

Postby troubleshooter » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 am

Best race board that we can afford (<$1000......alot less). Those are the real lightwind setups. Taboo 17 plus Best race and your kitng in conch farts :lol:
troubleshooter
Troublemaker

Postby harman923 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Spark board started delaminating after 10+ sessions in fresh water. Please make your products more robust.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10644
harman923
Rare Poster

Postby &Rew » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm

kayser wrote:How about a leash with a swivel...

posty wrote:what the f do you need a swiveled leash for!?

When you nail some trick with HP you able to untangle central lines after landing. Unfortunatly not the leash, even if you put it suicide way on the depover rope between bar and CL. After 15-20 iterations of same HP trick on same tuck you have to unclip you leash and untwist it manually.

I vote for SWIVEL LEASH!

Please, make light clean freestyle expert bar without beginners safety oprions but huge CL and more grippy!

Expert bar expectations:
no stopper ball
no OSR
single depover line
huge CL
RedLine twice shorter or even no RedLine
more grippy pattern on the bar
less bar weight
less bar diameter
QR cuff without parts which could hurt on unhooking (no sharp edges, construction that can not 'bite' fingers with any of it's part)
clean and easy swivel at connection point of front lines or no lines swivel at all.
&Rew
Rare Poster

Postby choky » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:27 pm

I want front line swivel, e.g slingy and mutiny style please on the next bar
choky
Rare Poster

Postby harman923 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:25 pm

make your larger kites light weight for light wind riding.
make your boards lighter, especially the spark. heavy as hell.
harman923
Rare Poster

Postby sq225917 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:10 am

Harman, you can have, strong, cheap or light. Which two would you like for the Spark.
sq225917
Go on, ask me.

Postby sean_townsend » Thu May 19, 2011 7:05 am

Flyingblueberry wrote:Absolutly need to do a 3,5 Kahoona for kids learning. My daughter is 7. She want a real inflatable kite like dad. Not the usual trainer.

And if you do it, do it pink. Do it funky-girly-punky look. Your gonna sell tons of it all over the planet.

I'm ready to buy your 1rst prototype anytime.
but of course, I need it for christmas :finga:

I agree with this, make some kites for the kids, they are the future, i know that at least North and Ozone are doing it, what about Best?
sean_townsend
Rare Poster

Postby johnti » Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 pm

Make it available in more colors

And also you should make stronger and bigger bags.
How to [url=http://www.unlockconsole.com]unlock wii[/url] and play free backup games on your unlocked wii console
johnti
Rare Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Best Kiteboarding Forum